Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is Driving 101 a certified driving school?

A: Yes, Driving 101 is fully certified by the government to deliver the courses that we offer.

Q: Are Driving 101 certificates recognized by the insurance industry?

A: Driving 101 is a government-approved course provider. Our graduate certificates are honoured by the insurance industry, but we advise that you always double-check with your insurance company.

Q: When can we get started on Driving 101’s program?

A: You can start on any weekday or weekend. We offer a flexible schedule (including evenings and weekends) to fit students’ needs.

Q: How long does it take to complete the program?

A: The length of time it takes to complete a program depends on which program you need to take. Please visit the ‘Courses Offered’ page for further information.

Q: Is there a payment plan?

A: Of course. We do our best to accommodate your needs. Although we do prefer payment upfront, you have the option of paying half the fees at the beginning of the classroom lessons, and half before the road lessons.

Q: When do we begin the road lessons?

A: After your 15 hours of in-class instruction is complete. If you are already a licensed driver, please check our courses page for specifics.

Q: Do I need a Class 7 license before starting on the program?

A: You do need a Class 7 Learner’s Permit before you enroll in your road lessons. However, you do not need it to take your classroom lessons.

Q: How do I get my Class 7 Learner’s Permit?

A: Go to any Alberta Registry office and they assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding a Class VII Learner’s Permit.

Q: What type of car would I be driving?

A: Safety is our first priority. You will be driving a 2011 Nissan or a Honda Civic, which are excellent cars with many safety features, including dual brakes for your safety.

Q: When can I take the road test?

A: Your instructor will advise you as to when you are ready to take the road test. To be eligible, you must be at least 16 years of age and have had the Class 7 Learner’s Permit for at least one year.

Q: Will Driving 101 arrange for my road test?

A: We cannot book an appointment for you for the road test, because we cannot give your personal information. But you can rent one of our cars for your road test.

Q: What if I fail my test?

A: You can take your test again the very next day, depending on availability of space.

Q: How do I register?

A: You can register by calling Driving 101 at 403-460-9039